- IT/Digitization Strategy & Architecture
- Digital Business Models
- RFP and RFI processes, Proof-of-Concepts
- Technology and Vendor Selection (ERP, CMS, CRM, DMS, E-Commerce, MSS, Workflow-Management-Systems, Content Platforms, Websites, Semantic Technologies/AI)
- System Integrations and Data Migrations
- Business Analysis, Requirements Definition, Solutions Architect
- Process Analysis and Optimization (BPMN)
- Facilitation of Decision Making Processes
- Events Moderation
- Interim Management Services
- Auswahl von Vorträgen und Veröffentlichungen
Project Management (English and German language)
- Agile Project Management
- Waterfall Project Management
- Adapted Waterfall/Combined Approach
- Support in-house Teams as Project Lead/Manager, Project Owner, Product Owner or Coordinator
- Train in-house Teams in Project Management
- Define and Implement Project Management Processes and Structures
International Customer Base
Customers from Germany, Switzerland, USA, UK, Netherlands, and other countries.
- Scientific and Academic Publishers
- Educational Publishers
- Scientific / Professional Societies and Associations
- Professional Services Publishers, esp. Law/Legal
- Not-for-profit Organizations
- Technology Companies / Service Providers
- Trainings and Seminars for the German Media Academy for the certificate course „Project Manager Digital Media“ (since 2009)
Selection of Projects Completed
Academic / Scientific Publishing
- Strategic review of IT/Operations for an international academic publisher.
- Strategic review of content hosting platforms for a leading scientific society.
- Proof-of-Concept, evaluation, and selection of a content platform for a leading scientific society and their publications: magazines, journals, careers, news, and blogs. This included designing and running a proof-of-concept scenario, comparing offers and solutions from several vendors, providing qualitative and quantitative comparisons, and facilitating the internal decision-making process. The new platform will deliver cost savings and enhance the brand and user experience.
- Consulting services for platform migration, wirh special focus on customer data migration, for a leading scientific society.
- Evaluation and selection of a new integrated content platform for a leading medical association. The new platform must be able to represent scientific journals, books, blogs, news, podcasts, and compendia. This included comparing offers and solutions from several vendors, providing qualitative and quantitative comparisons, and facilitating the internal decision-making process.
- Evaluation and selection of a new production management system for a leading scientific society. The new system supports print and online journal and magazine workflows and delivers significant time and cost savings. Provide consulting services and project management support throughout the implementation project.
- Development of a publishing business model and business plan, including organizational structure, business process, and technology / infrastructure scenarios, for a leading university. This included a review of their technology stack, comparison of buy/make and closed/open-source scenarios as well as selecting a portfolio of technologies and vendors to provide them with recommendations how to launch a new, innovative, legacy-free publishing operation.
- Benchmarking of corporate website, e-commerce, and content platform capabilities for a academic publisher.
- Consulting and project management services for content platform and website migration for an international academic publisher, including ERP integration.
- Post-merger consulting and project management for an international academic publisher, to streamline processes and integrate systems, including migration of the ERP system and various backend integrations.
- Evaluation and selection of a Content Management Systems for an international academic publisher. This included comparing offers and solutions from several vendors, providing qualitative and quantitative comparisons, and facilitating the internal decision-making process.
- Introduction, migration, and consolidation of workflow management system and manuscript submission system for an international academic publisher, including requirements definition and RFP process.
- ERP migration consulting and project management for an international academic publisher, including integrations with finance and other backend systems.
- Evaluation, selection, and migration of an ERP/title management system for an academic publisher.
- Migration of content platforms and websites consolidation for an international academic publisher. The project encompassed definition of goals and objectives in line with the company strategy, requirements definition, technology and vendor selection including RFP process, as well as project execution. The scope was to merge seven different websites / platforms into one central platform, providing one consolidated platform for corporate website, books, journals, and database products and deliver significant cost savings.
- Consolidation of Content Management Systems for an international academic publisher. This included requirement definition, RFP process, evaluation, implementation, and migration of 11 separate CMS for various products into one central CMS to deliver significant cost savings.
- Consulting and project management for a leading educational publisher: Definition of content management business processes, organizational structures, and skills plus implementation of a content management infrastructure (service architecture), including introduction of workflow management, editor, and database solutions, integrations with existing ERP, asset management, rights management, and production environments.
- Modeling metadata services business processes for a leading educational publisher.
- Strategy development process for a leading educational publisher to determine their future capabilities (organizational structure, skills, processes, technology) and priorities with regards to logistics and content delivery.
- Evaluation and selection of a B2B und B2C E-Commerce solution and website CMS for an educational publisher. This included creating a concept for B2B-purchasing workflows and UX, comparing offers and solutions from several vendors, providing qualitative and quantitative comparisons, and facilitating the internal decision-making process.
Legal, Professional Services, and Standards
- Consulting and project management services for re-organization and modernization of content-related business processes, technology, and infrastructure for a legal publisher and service provider. This included defining and moderating all aspects of the change process (organizational structure, skills/competences), with a focus on processes and technology, including capturing and optimizing business processes, selecting technologies and vendors, and defining the new infrastructure and architecture.
- Consulting, evaluation, and selection of vendors and technologies for BI and CRM solutions for a professional and trade publishing group. Provide consulting services throughout implementation process.
- Consulting for a standards organization on Open Access strategy.
- Consulting for a professional services publisher (law): Requirement definition, RFP process, evaluation, technology selection, and project management for the implementation of a new Content Management System.
- Evaluation and selection of a new Content Management System for a professional publisher (law).
- Consulting for a professional services publisher (law) to determine online product development priorities / roadmap.
- Consulting on organizational structure, project management, and technology selection for a (daily) newspaper’s data journalism unit.
IT / Service Providers
- Consulting to aid a leading solutions provider for the publishing industry in determining their product roadmap.
- Solutions Consultant services for a major academic books and journals platform provider: Work with their client to define project scope, risks, and requirements and match that to their platform’s capabilities.